Baptism In Jesus Name
- Immersion in Water
- Baptism (baptizo) in Greek means to immerse, sub-merge.
- Jesus came up “out of the water”(Matthew 3:16)
- Philip and the Eunuch came “up out of the water” (Acts 8:39)
- In the Name Of Jesus Christ
- Matthew 28:19 states to baptize “in the Name” which is singular. There is only one name that identifies that, and it is Jesus.
- In the Name of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38)
- Christ is Coming After A Church Called By His Name
- How do we apply His name? That is through baptism in His name, where His Name and Blood can be applied.
Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost
Prophesied in Both Testaments of the Bible. In Ezekiel 11:19-20 + Joel 2:28-29, both speak of a spirit being poured out upon all flesh. Acts 2, fulfilled those prophecies. How do we know we have the Holy Ghost? It is through the evidence of speaking in other tongues (Acts 2:1-4, Acts 10:44-48, + Acts 19:1-7).
A Call To Holiness
1 Peter 1:15-16, “But as he which hath called you is holy, so be holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.”
In our conversation, our dress, and our lifestyle, we are called to be Holy. We separate ourselves from the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:16). We separate ourselves from things that opposes God. We are committed to not only an inward holiness but an outward holiness.
2 Corinthians 6:17, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.”